Trauma 2 Formula (Die Dal 2 hao Fang)
Manufacturer: Golden Flower
Size: Size: 60 tablets; 600mg: 7.5:1 extract
Dosage: 2 tablets, 3 times daily
Contraindications: Do not use during pregnancy or while nursing
Cost: $25 CD
Treats Second Stage of Trauma:
- Injury to muscles, tendons, bone, ligament or cartilege due to sprains, strains, contusions, broken bones or fractures
- 2nd stage trauma: pain, stiffness, and residual swelling
Chinese Therapeutic Effects:
- Moves Blood & Dispels Stasis
- Dispels Wind & Damp & Clears Heat
- Relieves Pain & Assists in reconstruction of tissue
|Frankincense||Myrrh||Tang Kuei root|
|Sichuan Ox Knee root||Spatholobus root/vine||Siler root|
|Red Peony root||Sclerotium Poria Cocos||Safflower root|
|Sappan wood||Pseudoginseng root||Angelica Dahurica|
|Rhubarb root||Licorince root|
- For second stage trauma, this formula is best applied shortly after the initial inflammation and swelling have significantly receded. The second stage of trauma can begin anywhere from the second day to two weeks after the initial injury. This formula can be used to treat pain, stiffness and swelling in an injury where the heat and rubor have subsided. The injury is no longer treated as pure excess; some deficiency is acknowledged and addressed in this formula.
- In addition to clearing away the remaining stasis and relieving pain and swelling, Trauma 2 Formula dispels wind and damp, clears residual heat, and assists the body in the reconstruction of tissue. Third stage trauma can be avoided if the constitution is strong, if tissue damage is not severe, and if the first two stages are managed properly. Trauma 2 Formula can be used to treat bruises, sprains, strains, jammed fingers or toes, torn ligaments or cartilage.
- If the area is still red, it is better to use Trauma 1 Formula; if it has turned purple or yellow, or if no discoloration is present and the injury is still new, you can use Trauma 2 Formula.
These herbal formulas are not sold directly to the general public. If you are interested in one of the formulas, it is necessary to make an appointment for an evaluation to be sure the formula is the appropriate one for you.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, or any other federal agency in the United States or Canada. This product is intended as an herbal food supplement and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Calvin Dale Smith, BA, MSc, DOM
Doctor of Oriental Medicine (USA)
Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106
Ottawa, ON K1H 7X5