EPAQ (Krill Oil Dietary Supplement)
Manufacturer: Health Concerns
Size: 60 soft gel capsules, 500mg
Dosage: 1-3 tablets per day, with meals (see “Notes” below)
Contraindications: Use with caution in bleeding disorders, if using anticoagulant medication, of for clients who have seafood allergies.
Cost: $55 CD
- Has anti-inflammatory activity, nourishes brain activity, lowers LDL cholesterol, raises HDL cholesterol.
- Useful in the treatment of cardiovascular disease, stroke prevention, hyperlipidemia, elevated triglycerides, hypertension, diabetes, lupus, MS.
- Useful in the treatment of migraine headaches, osteo and rheumatoid arthritis, PMS, psychological stress, learning and behavioral disorders (ADD, ADHD), asthma, and autoimmune diseases.
|100% pure Krill oil (500mg)|
|Total Phospholipids: 200mg|
- EPAQ is comprised of 100% Antarctica krill oil. It contains an ideal balance of essential fatty acids, phospholipids, and antioxidants. It has been clinically proven to be more effective than fish oil for hyperlipidemia and PMS. It reduces joint pain and stiffness, and has a protective effect against UV radiation. In addition, it contains a naturally occurring antioxidant, astaxanthin, has anti-inflammatory effects and protects against oxidation.
- A seventy patient, double-blind study was conducted using EPAQ for women with PMS. Ten parameters of PMS and menstrual symptoms were measured at baseline after 45 days and after 90 days. EPAQ reduced symptoms of breast tenderness, stress, irritability, depression, joint pain, abdominal bloating, weight gain, and swelling. Additionally, alertness, anger, and well-being were improved. EPAQ worked faster than standard fish oil preparations that it was compared with, and demonstrated efficacy in areas that were not improved with fish oil.
- A second double-blind trial involving 120 men and women with mild to severe hyperlipidemia compared two different dosages of EPAQ with a standard fish oil preparation. Taking 3 capsules per day (1500mg) lowered LDL, elevated HDL, and lowered blood sugar levels. High dosage (3000mg) had an additional effect of lowering triglyceride levels.
- In addition, EPAQ is more easily tolerated than fish oil capsules, which often produce indigestion and acid regurgitation. Independent laboratories have shown significantly higher antioxidant capacity to be over 300 times greater than Vitamins A and E. In a study of patients at risk for cardiovascular disease, EPAQ at two capsules per day increased mental alertmess, learning capacity, athletic endurance, and decreased seasonal allergy symptoms, improved hair texture, and increased skin hydration. In a joint pain study, results were seen in as quickly as five days.
- Krill are harvested in Antarctica. They are protected by a treaty that limits the total catch, making it an ecologically sound ingredient. In summary, EPAQ krill oil has unique anti-inflammatory properties and has more bioavailability than standard fish oil products due to the unique complex of fatty acids, phospholipids, and antioxidants.
- For general usage, EPAQ should be taken at 2-3 capsules per day with breakfast or lunch for 60 days, and then one capsule per day thereafter.
- Cardiovascular benefits are typically seen in 3-4 months, however, taking up to six capsules (300mg) may produce a faster clinical response.
These herbal formulas are not sold directly to the general public. If you are interested in one of the formulas, it is necessary to make an appointment for an evaluation to be sure the formula is the appropriate one for you.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, or any other federal agency in the United States or Canada. This product is intended as an herbal food supplement and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Calvin Dale Smith, BA, MSc, DOM
Doctor of Oriental Medicine (USA)
Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106
Ottawa, ON K1H 7X5
cdalesmith at calvindale.com